Tuesday, March 18, 2014

That's What Friends Are For

“It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.”

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from a listener, and she said in her e-mail…

Among other things…

From the bottom of my heart...thank you. You and Jay hold a special
place in my heart and I love being in your world, even if just a tiny
part of it.

Jay and I have been doing the website and radio show for over three years, and it would be nice to finally make some money from it, but this morning when I woke up to the following e-mail, and none of that mattered.

The worth of our website, and our show, was monetized in one simple e-mail.

And the worth of it, was turned to gold by that one e-mail.

Oh sure, Jay and I would like to one day make some money off of the show and website, but in the meantime…

If we get one e-mail a day like the one I posted, we would be pretty damn happy as well.

Jay and I do the show primarily for fun, to laugh, and to make others laugh, but a little coin never hurt nooooobody, unless it’s thrown in a manner of hate, and at high speeds, but I digress…

Sometimes, and I speak for myself (but Jay goes through the same thing), it takes 35-40 hours a week to post on the website every other day and get ready for the NUMBER ONE COMEDY SHOW on Blog Talk Radio, but..?

I love it.  Yet sometimes, I say to myself, “What the fuck; why the hell are we doing this?”  And then?

We get an e-mail like the one I printed above, and the hope of the monetary gain goes by the wayside, because the joy experienced by a listener is payment enough.

I know that this is a boring, and unfunny post, but it is a post of which I am most proud, because our little comedy show that could, changed the life of at least one person.

And really?  That’s all that matters.

Cheers!!

Matt-Man

mattmaniws@ymail.com
@mattman_iws
My Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment